This Easy Fresh Mediterranean Salsa Dip is filled with veggies and so delicious! Serve it with pita chips or as a side to grilled chicken or seafood.
It’s been years since I first had this Easy Fresh Mediterranean Salsa Dip at my sister’s house for a family gathering but since then it’s become a real favorite. We love any sort of Greek or Mediterranean flavored foods like Greek tacos or this Greek Lentil and Orzo Salad. The unique herb and spice blend and feta cheese gives this salsa a tasty twist on your traditional salsa.
What I also love about this dip is how FRESH it is. It’s filled with vegetables which is perfect for using up what might already be growing in your garden or what’s in season. But the bonus is people of all ages seem to gobble up this salsa dip and when I serve it with whole wheat pita chips I consider that a super win on a healthier appetizer or snack that’s also good for you!
I normally like to buy my spices at Penzey’s and purchase the Greek seasoning blend already made up but you can also find Greek seasoning blend in the spice aisle of your grocery store. We like to use it on grilled fish or chicken too. As a matter of fact, you can serve this kind of like a salad on the side and maybe pair it with my Wild Rice Pilaf for a healthy dinner that’s also easy enough to have on the dinner table in about a half an hour.
This Easy Fresh Mediterranean Salsa Dip is super popular when I make it for get togethers with family and friends. It makes A LOT so it’s perfect for parties too.
As if there’s not already enough to love about this dip, the best part is it’s make ahead too! As a matter of fact, it’s actually better if you make it ahead so that the flavors have time to blend. If you like salsas like this filled with tons of fresh vegetables but super crowd pleasing, be sure to check out my Cucumber Avocado Salsa or Shrimp Avocado Salsa too… they’re perfect for any get together or just to enjoy on your own!
- Two medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped into small pieces (about 2 cups
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 4 ounce can pitted black olives- sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning blend (in any spice aisle)
- in a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and chill at least one hour so flavors can blend. Chill up to 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with pita chips or toasted pita bread.