This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My Cheesy Crabmeat Canapes are an deliciously indulgent appetizer that can be made ahead for whenever you’re hosting company–or maybe just for you! I enjoyed these growing up and now you can enjoy them too.
Be sure to sign up for my email list to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest so you can remember to make it later too!
I’m going to start off by saying that this recipe for Cheesy Crabmeat Canapes is not healthy. In any way. I know I normally try to post recipes that are relatively healthy but I’ve wanted to post this Crabmeat Canapes recipe for awhile so consider it a chance to indulge. I remember my mom making these when I was growing up in the 70’s and 80’s and they were always SO good! It’s no wonder with the cheese, crab and butter, right?
Now that that disclaimer is out of the way, there are a couple of bonuses to this recipe (aside from the yummy flavor): it makes a lot and you can make them ahead of time which makes them perfect for tailgating gatherings for the big game—or anytime really. I think they would be perfect as an appetizer for family gatherings year round or during the holidays. At some point, I hope to “healthify” this recipe so wish me luck! At least I did use whole wheat English muffins. They are so simple, you’ll want to have some on hand in your freezer for any impromptu get together.
This week I’m joining my Sunday Supper friends again with this recipe. We’re all sharing ideas and recipes that can be made for your tailgating events. Check out the links at the bottom of this post to find LOTS of delicious recipes that are perfect for hosting friends for the big game next Sunday. Since our favorite team, the Houston Texans didn’t make it past the first round of playoffs, our family is divided on who we’ll be rooting for! Who will you be rooting for next week?
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe and get a FREE menu plan printable: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Whether you’re getting together with friends or keeping things simple, I hope you’ll give these Crabmeat Canapes a try sometime and let me know what you think!
Cheesy Crabmeat Canapes
- 5 ounces sharp pasturized cheese spread I use one jar of Kraft Old English cheese
- 7 ounces crabmeat I used the fresh crabmeat from Costco
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon season salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 English muffins split (I used whole wheat)
- In medium bowl, combine ingredients--cheese through garlic salt. Place English muffin halves on baking sheet. Spread about 3 tablespoons cheese crab mixture on each half, dividing evenly as possible. Cut into quarter triangles. At this point you may freeze the canapes. Once they are frozen, you can remove them from the tray and store in a zip top bag or freezer safe container.
- To prepare, heat broiler on LOW. Place frozen canapes on baking sheet. Place under broiler for 5-7 minutes, checking after 5 minutes to make sure they do not burn. Heat until warmed through and cheese mixture is bubbly. If you would like them to be a little golden on top, switch broiler to HIGH and broil an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have a question or want to share recipe ideas with others? Then join my private Facebook group, Meal Planning Magic Community Table here. If you’ve already joined, be sure to add your friends that may find it helpful too!
And don’t forget you can always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest , Instagram or Google+. And don’t forget to sign up for my email list here so you never miss a new post! Each of these ways to connect all offer a little something different and are a great way to stay in the loop on new menu plans, recipe ideas, giveaways, organizing tips and more! Want to know what items I’m using in my own kitchen to help streamline my time there? Then check out my Amazon Shop (see disclaimer in footer below this post)