This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Honey Soft Cookies, made with Greek yogurt, are soft, pillowy cookies, bursting with lemon flavor. An easy lemon cookie recipe that everyone loves!
This post was updated on August 25, 2015 to reformat the recipe into a more printer- and mobile-friendly format. I’ve also updated the photos and wanted to remind you that it’s easy to have fresh lemon juice on hand when you keep some on hand in your freezer. Enjoy!
Last year, just before Christmas, I stumbled upon a blog that had posted about The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I thought it sounded like a fun idea and signed up to receive a reminder about it this year. So in October-ish, I got a reminder email to let me know the 2nd Annual Swap was on again!
The idea is simple: You’re matched up with three other food bloggers for whom you bake a dozen cookies each (that’s three dozen total). Then you mail them out and wait for your three dozen cookies to arrive from three DIFFERENT food bloggers. PLUS when we sign up we make a small donation to Cookies for Kids Cancer to help support pediatric cancer research (this is an organization I’ve written about before and was happy to support!)
My husband had been asking me to try this easy lemon cookie recipe that he discovered for these Lemon Honey Soft cookies. It’s a Cooking Light recipe I found online. It was perfect timing because I had also recently gotten a load of Meyer lemons from a neighbor’s tree. Lemon cookies it would be! I modified the recipe just a bit and they turned out so delicious. Made with Greek yogurt, these cookies are super soft and almost biscuit-like.
Lemon Honey Soft Cookies taste like a lemony pillow of sweetness!
I mailed my cookies to these blog owners: The Way to My Family’s Heart, Sister’s Snacktime: Munchies for Two and Icing on the Cake. Target had these cute containers with the snowmen to/from toppers that were a perfect way for me to contain the cookies (in a mailing envelope too).
My son actually helped me make these and enjoyed juicing the lemons and making the zest (optional). These were a cinch to put together and have some terrific lemon flavor! Plus, they look cute too! If you’re a lemon lover like we are, you must give these a try!
I hope you enjoy the lemon honey soft cookies as much as we do!
Lemon Honey Soft Cookies
For Cookie Dough
- 7 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl using a mixer, cream together butter, sugar and lemon zest at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add honey, extract, and egg; beat until well-blended.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Brush powdered sugar mixture evenly over hot cookies.
- Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.