You’ll love my twist on spinach dip! This Mexican Spinach Dip is made with all-natural ingredients, full of veggies and perfect for any occasion!
Be sure to sign up for my email list to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Well, despite what the weather may be saying otherwise here in my part of Texas, fall is just around the corner and that brings with it football season! I wasn’t always a football fan but over the years, we’ve become big fans of the Houston Texans, our alama mater, the Texas A&M Aggies and of course our state-winning high school football team (they won last year and that was a pretty amazing journey!) My daughter is in the marching band, so we enjoy some Friday Night Lights most weekends so we can watch the band perform!
With football, there comes tailgating and we do love our munchies! Today I’m sharing with you a recipe I discovered in one of those “church-group” cookbooks. I’ve modified it a bit to make it a tad healthier but it still delivers with tons of flavor. This Mexican Spinach Dip will knock your socks off! It’s like a chile con queso but with all veggies and the addition of spinach. Y’all, it is SO yummy-we couldn’t get enough of it!
All-Natural Ingredients Spinach Dip
What I especially like about this Mexican Spinach Dip is that it is made from all natural ingredients. Fresh shredded cheddar cheese, fresh spinach, canned diced tomatoes, fresh spices and more make this a dip I love to serve my guests. And despite the number of ingredients, it really does come together quickly. I love that it bakes up easily and pulling it out warm and bubbly with a bit of a toasted top makes it even more delicious. I like to bake it in a oven proof casserole dish like this 2 quart oven safe stoneware baker dish. I sometimes serve my dip with pita chips but it’s also delicious with regular tortilla chips. I even think sliced bell peppers would be delicious!
I hope you’ll give this Mexican Spinach Dip a try at your next tailgate or gathering.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe and get a FREE menu plan printable: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Mexican Spinach Dip
- 5 oz baby spinach washed and dried
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 20 ounces Rotel tomatoes drained (two cans), I use store-brand sometimes
- 12 ounces Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 ounce jalapeno seeds removed and minced; about one small size
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 13 ounces tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. The spinach may seem difficult to incorporate but as you stir, it will soften and blend with the other ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with chips.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Have a question or want to share recipe ideas with others? Then join my private Facebook group, Meal Planning Magic Community Table here. If you’ve already joined, be sure to add your friends that may find it helpful too!
And don’t forget you can always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest , Instagram or Google+. And don’t forget to sign up for my email list here so you never miss a new post! Each of these ways to connect all offer a little something different and are a great way to stay in the loop on new menu plans, recipe ideas, giveaways, organizing tips and more! Want to know what items I’m using in my own kitchen to help streamline my time there? Then check out my Amazon Shop (see disclaimer in footer below this post)
Today, I’m joining other Sunday Supper Tastemakers by sharing recipes for great game day eats! Check out all the yummy recipes shared below for even more ideas and inspiration!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Seven-Layer Hoagie Dip by Foodtastic Mom
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by New South Charm
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Pork Steamed Shumai by Asian in America
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Loaded Potato Skins Southwestern Style by Simple and Savory
- Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.