Disclaimer: Thank you to Columbus Foods for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own however.
One of the best things about Columbus Foods Pizza Naturale pizza is that they are all-natural and made with an artisan oven-baked crust that is topped-off with vine-ripened tomatoes, RBST-free cheeses and premium meats. The San-Francisco based brand has a rich Italian heritage and a 98-year reputation for producing the highest quality premium salumi and deli meats (yep, you can buy their deli meats in the deli department—imagine the possibilities THERE!). Like all of their products, the fresh, all-natural ready-to-bake pizza are handcrafted with authentic ingredients. With few options like it currently on the shelves, the new Pizza Naturale line gives you a better-for-you alternative.
So for our girls night in, I wanted to make something that would fun to go along with our pizza and came up with Mini Chocolate Fruit Pizza Cookies (the recipe is a variation on these Chocolate Cherry Cutout Sugar Cookies). You may have seen or eaten fruit pizzas before but I decided to do a little twist and make them individual serving sized and customizable. I started with a basic chocolate sugar cookie recipe and added a marshmallow cream cheese topping. Then I had some chopped up fresh fruit to top them with. I just used strawberries and kiwi for our pizzas this time but you could use any variety of seasonal fruits depending on what you like. Just chop them up so that they are just little bites of fruit. These were super simple and so much fun to make. Not to mention a delicious way to end our meal. I hope you’ll give them a try!
Mini Chocolate Fruit Pizzas Recipe #ad
- Mini Chocolate Fruit Pizza Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 8- oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1 jar marshmallow cream fluff
- ½-1 cup each of various chopped fruits such as strawberries kiwi, berries, bananas, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder and flour. Add to butter mixture, one cup at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition. The dough will be crumbly at first but then come together and be stiff.
- Do NOT chill dough. Divide dough into two balls and flatten slightly. On a floured surface (I use a big cutting board), roll each ball to about ⅛” – ¼” thick. Using 3-inch to 3 ½ -inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Repeat with remaining dough.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, bake on middle rack of oven 6-8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven and keep on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Using a spatula, remove cookies to cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make creamy topping, cream the cream cheese in mixer until smooth. Add marshmallow cream and blend until combined. To assemble mini pizzas, spread on marshmallow cream cheese mixture then top with fruit. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I received product and monetary compensation for this post however all opinions are my own and I really did like the products!