This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Easy Snowman Oreo Cookies are so festive, delicious and great for kids to help make too. A perfect no bake-treat option and only a few ingredients, they come together quickly!
I first shared this recipe on my blog over six years ago as part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats that I hosted with other bloggers a few years back (that I no longer host). I thought it was time to share the fun and festive Snowman Oreo Cookies with you all again (and maybe for the first time for some of you).
My mom originally passed along this cookie idea when my children were very little. She had had them at a holiday meeting and thought they were way too cute! And they are! They are perfect for little hands because there is no oven involved. My kids are old enough now that they can make them all by themselves. These Snowman Oreo Cookies are really easy and quick to make so you can easily add them to your holiday offerings even at the last minute.
Start with white chocolate covered Oreos. These are usually only found seasonally around this time of year and often go fast! So, I like to buy a couple of boxes at the beginning of the season to have on hand. They would even be perfect for a winter snow party come January or February, don’t you think? Just be sure to stock up on those cookies now (and store in the freezer if you have room to preserve freshness).
I used melted white and milk chocolate in disposable decorator bags I purchased at the craft store (like Hobby Lobby or Michael’s). If you don’t have those kinds of bags or want to save some money, you can just use a zip top bag and snip off the corner of the edge to pipe the chocolate out.
Be sure to look for the melting chocolate as it’s easier to work with than the chocolate chips. You can find it in the baking section and it usually comes in bars or giant chips and will often say “melting chocolate” or “almond bark”.
I also used mini-chocolate chips for the eyes and regular sized M&Ms for the ears. This time I used chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the nose but you can also use an orange mini M&M. You can find the chocolate covered sunflower seeds sometimes at craft stores or even at discount stores like Marshall’s or Home Goods. Sometimes cake decorating shops will have them too. Of course, you can always buy them online but you sometimes need to buy more than you might use to make it worth it.
We like to set up an assembly line of sorts to decorate them. Someone pipes on the chocolate and someone else adds the candy or chocolate “accessories”. When you work together, it’s fun and goes quickly too.
Easy Snowman Oreo Cookies
- 8.5 ounce white fudge covered Oreo cookies look for these in the seasonal aisle of your grocery store
- 1 cup M&M candy
- 24 orange chocolate covered sunflower seeds or substitute orange mini M&Ms
- ½ cup white chocolate bark
- ½ cup milk chocolate bark
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place cookies on a large baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate and milk chocolate according to package directions.
- In separate disposable frosting decorator bags or zip top bags, add chocolate bark. Snip off a small end of the bag so you can pipe it out.
- For each cookie, pipe on two dots and add mini-chocolate chip eyes.
- Pipe on a dot of white chocolate in middle and add orange chocolate covered sunflower seed or mini M&M for nose.
- Pipe on either side of cookie, a dot of white chocolate. Then add matching colored full-size M&Ms for “earmuffs”.
- With milk chocolate, pipe on a smile.
- Let cookies set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Let me know in the comments if you give these a try and what you think of them!
Have a question or want to share recipe ideas with others? Then join my private Facebook group, Meal Planning Magic Community Table here. If you’ve already joined, be sure to add your friends that may find it helpful too!
And don’t forget you can always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest , Instagram or Google+. And don’t forget to sign up for my email list here so you never miss a new post! Each of these ways to connect all offer a little something different and are a great way to stay in the loop on new menu plans, recipe ideas, giveaways, organizing tips and more! Want to know what items I’m using in my own kitchen to help streamline my time there? Then check out my Amazon Shop (see disclaimer in footer below this post)