It’s time for another #SundaySupper event and this week’s theme, we’re circling back to The Mom 100 Cookbook to highlight some more recipes. The twist this time is that the participating bloggers are doing variations on posts from the first round in June or doing a variation of a couple of different recipes in the cookbook.
I chose the quesadillas because we LOVE quesadillas! It’s my go-to meal on busy nights when I don’t feel like cooking or we need something quick and easy. I love that we can customize it to each person’s tastes and include more than just the cheese and tortillas. Our traditional quesadillas often include shredded chicken or maybe chopped onions and peppers too. I almost always serve it with guacamole too which makes me feel good knowing my family is getting some extra good-for-you veggies too.
Recently, we’ve been experimenting a bit more to jazz up our quesadillas and these Pizza Quesadillas are fast becoming a new favorite. Whenever I ask my kids what they want for dinner they will say pizza! We love all variations of pizza so these quesadillas are a quick and easy way to satisfy our craving!
Katie Workman knows that quesadillas are quick and easy too. And paired with a big salad, they make a satisfying meal for the whole family. Here’s our variation on Katie’s basic recipe:
If you’re not familiar with #SundaySupper, the idea is that we all need to take the time, even if it’s just once a week, to get back to the family dinner table and share our time with family. For generations before ours, it was a weekly tradition and it’s something that we hope to make a tradition once again in households across the globe.
The Sunday Supper Group has enjoyed creating Katie’s recipes. We are honored to have Katie as our guest during our #SundaySupper Live Chat at 7:00 pm EST today! Join us and chat with Katie about being a mom, kids and Spending time Around the Family Table.
We will be giving away 3 copies of the Mom 100 Cookbooks. This is an event you don’t want to miss!!
Here are some favorites from other bloggers that we are sharing with you during #SundaySupper this week. I hope you’ll give some of them a try!
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Turkey Meat Sauce The Meltaways @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Twitter Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple The Queen’s Notebook @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Garlic Lemon Rosemary Chicken Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers Real Best Recipe @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
- Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday
Be on the lookout for next month’s The Mom 100 Cookbook installment too!
We are honored to be featuring The Mom 100 Cookbook Around the Family Table for #SundaySupper this week. I’m guessing you will love Katie Workman’s new cookbook and her solutions for all the cooking-for-kids dilemmas that many of us face every day. We will be sharing great family recipes all afternoon and want you to share yours with us! #SundaySupper starts every week at 3:00pm EST by showcasing fabulous recipes. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.