This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Summer’s not quite over and y’all, you have to make these Easy Grilled Mango Poblano Quesadillas to capture the flavors of summer! They are so super yummy AND easy and perfectly wrap up summer tastes! Depending on the variety you choose, you should be able to find mangoes year round but you could even use thawed, frozen mangoes in these. I first tried quesadillas similar to these probably at least fifteen years ago at a restaurant in Austin. My husband and I couldn’t get enough of them. But, seeing as we don’t live in Austin, we couldn’t satisfy our craving for more on a regular basis so decided to come up with our own version. I’d say they’re actually pretty close to the restaurant version and even if not, they are delicious on their own.
My husband likes to make these on the grill but I’ve been known to just make them in a saute pan on the stove. They’re equally delicious and either way so easy. You can choose to roast the poblano peppers ahead of time or just chop them up and use them raw. They will each give a slightly different flavor but still delicious. Have I said delicious enough yet? The mango paired with the cream cheese gives a nice sweet flavor but the poblano gives a little kick just to make them interesting.
Plus, since they only have five ingredients, they are super quick to make. We served these at a get together with friends not too long ago and they were gobbled up in no time. Even the kids all enjoyed them. You can enjoy them as an appetizer or even as a light lunch paired with a salad. I hope you give them a try!
Mango Poblano Quesadillas
- 16 flour tortillas 10-inch size
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lay out four tortillas on a cutting mat or board. Spread half of the tortillas with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese each. Sprinkle mango and poblano peppers over cheese, and press another tortilla on top. Brush butter over the outside of each quesadilla, top and bottom.
- Grill quesadillas 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Remove from grill, and slice into wedges.
- Repeat above process for remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.