This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This post originally appeared here almost three years ago and it has become one of our family’s all-time favorites! Seriously, my kids LOVE this soup and ask for it. I love that because it is so good for you too with all the vegetables and whole grains. Paired with a garden salad or crusty bread makes it an even more delicious complete meal. I’ve said it before, I love my slowcooker and I like to think of my slowcooker like my personal kitchen assistant!
This Simple Slowcooker Ground Turkey, Vegetable and Barley Soup is so simple to put together too. I originally found this recipe in slowcooker book of mine but modified several of the ingredients to make it more to my family’s liking.
We like to serve our soup with oyster crackers or fresh baguette bread from the bakery. We like it so much that I often make it when we have company coming. It takes me less than 15 minutes to put it all together in the slowcooker and in just a few hours dinner is ready. Perfect for the end of a busy day! I hope you’ll give it a try too.
Simple Slowcooker Turkey Vegetable Barley Soup
- 2 pounds ground turkey cooked and drained
- 1 28- ounce petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen mixed soup vegetables
- ½ cup uncooked barley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried cumin depending on your preference
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- In 5 or 6 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until barley and vegetables are tender.