These are a delicious soft and chewy chocolaty bite of goodness and a pretty cookie with their snowy white and chocolate crackled look. They would be perfect for any holiday table! And other than the time it takes to chill the dough, they are pretty quick and easy to make as well. I did learn that they can be pretty squishy right out of the oven so be sure to leave them on the pan for the two minutes suggested. Otherwise, your cookies will squish back up when you try to remove them with your spatula.
I hope you give this recipe for chocolate mint snow top cookies a try!
Chocolate Mint Snow Top Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Snow Top Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 T butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (your preference for how much mint flavor you like)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Cream butter and sugar. Add melted chips, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture. Add remaining ½ cup chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into 1” balls. Coat with powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3839kcal Calories from fat 1007|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 112g||172%|
|Saturated Fat 66g||330%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||56%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Just a few simple ingredients is all it takes to make these minty chocolate cookies! Rolling them in powdered sugar before baking gives them the snowy, crackled look!
You can find out all about the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats by clicking here for more information and details about joining in. If you’re a blogger, be sure to check the guidelines, join the challenge and then link up your own post each week!