This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites are a very easy no bake treat, perfect for snacking or an easy dessert. They make a great addition to a holiday treat platter, too.
Welcome to week one of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats! I know, I know, it IS still only September but before you know it the holidays will be upon us. Some of you may already know how this works but here are the basics.
Each week starting today and for the next 12 weeks, I and a bunch of other bloggers will be sharing some of our favorite holiday treats with you. The idea is that not only will you get a lot more recipe ideas but ideally you can make up these treats ahead of time and freeze so that you will have goodies ready to go for gift-giving, hostess gifts and even your own holiday tables. Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for all the great ideas too—it’s a great way to keep track of your favorites.
My recipe this week is a simple one. It’s actually one that I discovered on Pinterest much earlier this year and I just knew I would need to make it! I can’t remember a time that I didn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter—yum!
Peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites have a salty twist to them from the pretzels, making them the perfect combination of salty & sweet.
Sorry I don’t have any step-by-step photos…I’m not sure what I was thinking other than “how quickly will I get to taste test these?!” So I forgot to take any pictures along the way. But I bet you all are smart enough to figure it out, too!
Peanut butter chocolate pretzel bites are so simple and easy to prepare, and are a great no bake dessert for all sorts of occasions. Or even for your own family. I hope you enjoy them too!
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- recipe originally from [url href=”[ http://twotinykitchens.com/”]Two Tiny Kitchens[/url]
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (maybe more)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (maybe more)
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork or whisk, or in a stand mixer. Add the sugars and mix to combine. At this point if the filling will roll easily into balls without sticking to your hands you’re ready to go. If not, add a little more of each sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll (I used about 3/4 cup of each sugar).
- Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling. Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels. When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate. Return to the tray and repeat with remaining sandwiches. When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.
Be sure to check out all the other bloggers who are participating this week in the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog hop… you’ll have no excuse of “I don’t know what to make!” And if you’re a blogger and want to join in on the fun, check out this post for the form to fill out to start baking along with us!