These Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars have a slight caramel flavor and are perfect for bake sales, the lunchbox, picnics or just because!
I’ve been going through older recipes from my recipe box and rediscovering lots of recipes I haven’t made in years! Just like my ?????. These Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars caught my eye when I was making a recipe for the Cookies for Kids Cancer campaign I shared earlier this year in my post Strawberry Fudge Truffles. I originally planned to feature these bars but changed my mind for the truffles.
But these Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars are just too good to not share with you. The brown sugar lends a slight caramel flavor and they are super simple. They’re like a more caramel-y (is that a word?) version of a chocolate chip cookies. They are super delicious and slightly chewy which makes them a winner in my book. I prefer softer, chewier cookies like these Ginger Molasses Cookies.
These Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars would make a great addition to your cookie and bar lineup and I hope you’ll give them a try soon!
Many recipes for blondie bars use a combination of white granulate sugar and brown sugar but these bars use all brown sugar. I think that’s what contributes to the chewiness and caramel flavor. If your kids are planning a bake sale or lemonade stand this year, these Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars would be a perfect addition. I love bar cookies because they are super easy since they’re made all in one pan and store well so that means you can make them a day or two ahead. They also freeze very well. Add them to a lunchbox or picnic basket too or make them just because!
- Bake Sale Brown Sugar Blondie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350◦F. Spray non-stick spray in a 13” x 9” pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar and stir to mix.
- Remove from heat and blend in eggs and vanilla, stirring quickly so eggs do not cook.
- Add flour mixture, gradually stirring until mixed well (do not overmix).
- Spread in 13x9 pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. You can also gently blend chocolate chips and nuts in blonde brownie mixture but move quickly so chocolate chips do not melt.
- Bake at 350◦F oven for 30 minutes until slightly brown on top. Cool in pan then cut into bars.
- Makes 48 bars.