This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Prepare this Simple Bruschetta Chicken Skillet in under 30 minutes for a delicious, easy weeknight meal!
When it comes to dinner, it’s no secret that I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy but flavorful dinners I can make for my family. So when I received the Kroger MyMagazine the recipe for Bruschetta Chicken Skillet caught my eye. We had tried a Bruschetta Chicken recipe from Dream Dinners that we loved so I was hoping I could make this version at home and have another winning recipe to add to our dinner rotation. It’s a twist on the classic Italian flavors of traditional bruschetta. In making this recipe the first time, I found that I didn’t have all the ingredient (fresh basil) and that we liked it with a bit more sauce, so I tweaked it a bit for my family’s tastebuds. The original recipe called for crushed croutons but I don’t usually have those on hand. But I do often have breadcrumbs in my pantry so decided to try it in this recipe. The results were delicious and still so easy! Italian food is one of my favorites so I’m extra excited to have a new recipe in my collection.
Y’all, you won’t believe how easy this dish is! I had it on the table in 30 minutes and my family loved this version which makes it a double winner in my book. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Simple Bruschetta Chicken Skillet
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced OR 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¾ cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried basil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14.5 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb blend or use half and half dried basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, cheese and basil. Set aside. In small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to ½-inch thickness. I like to put the chicken in a resealable bag and use a meat mallet to pound the chicken for the least mess. If you don’t have a meat mallet, you can also use a rolling pin.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute 1-2 minutes on each side to sear and create a golden brown color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in skillet; add chicken. Top with tomato, cheese and basil mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Bring sauce to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of 165°F.
- Top with breadcrumb cheese mixture just before serving. We like to serve this with a wild rice pilaf and garden salad.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.