This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites are easy no bake cookies, made using just a few simple ingredients, including dried bing cherries, chocolate, and rolled oats!
Over five and half years ago I did a review for Naturebox snacks, a snack subscription service. They were just starting out and the idea of receiving wholesome, healthy snacks once a month sounded like a neat idea, especially for someone who doesn’t have a large selection of healthy food stores near them. It would even make a great gift!
I thought it was time I shared this No Bake Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites recipe with you all again. They have several recipes on their website using some of the snacks in their boxes and that’s when I first tried dried cherries. Now we buy our dried cherries at Costco and they’re one of my husband’s favorites to snack on alone or mix in with granola.
The combination of cherry and chocolate has always been one of my favorites like these Cherry Chocolate Cutout Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Covered Cherry Delight Cookies, Black Forest Brownies or Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies. There are lots to choose from!
I love that these No Bake Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites are full of all-natural ingredients like whole grain oats, banana, cocoa powder and peanut butter, plus dried cherries of course. Somehow these flavors all just seem to work really well together! I have modified the original recipe slightly to reduce the sugar slightly and a couple of other small changes to make them a bit more healthy.
You’ll want to store these in the refrigerator so they stay fresh. You can store them up to a week in the refrigerator (if they last that long!) They are so easy to make and freeze well too so you can make a big batch to have on hand any time!
Chocolate Cherry No-Bake Cookies
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dried cherries finely chopped
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, peanut butter and cocoa.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until it comes to a slow boil.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about one minute and then remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool for a minute or two, then add in the oats, banana, vanilla, and cherries and stir to combine.
- Using a mini cookie dough scoop, drop scoops onto a cookie sheet covered in waxed paper or with a silicon baking mat.
- Cool to room temperature or refrigerate.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week or in freezer for up to 3 months.
But if you want them to look more roundish, use a scoop then roll with your hands and place on lined baking sheet to cool before storing.