This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Budget Friendly Tuna Rollups are delicious and so simple to make. They feature tuna in a tasty biscuit rollup served with creamy mushroom gravy.
Be sure to sign up for my email list to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest so you can remember to make it later too!
I can remember my mom making this recipe long ago when I was a child and it’s something I’ve held onto and made many times over the years. It’s actually one of my husband’s favorites! My kids like them too. These Budget Friendly Tuna Rollups with Creamy Gravy not only taste delicious, they are so simple and easy on the pocketbook, too, as they use few ingredients. I think the most expensive ingredient is the tuna at only about two dollar per can or pouch! What I love about this recipe is that it’s not only budget friendly but it is really quick to put together. I’ve modified the original recipe from my mom and made the biscuit portion with whole wheat flour. I also made my own creamy mushroom gravy (find the recipe I used here) but you can buy canned mushroom soup if you prefer.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe and get a FREE menu plan printable: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Budget Friendly Tuna Rollups with Creamy Gravy
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 6.5 ounce tuna from can, in water not oil
- 1 egg unbeaten
- 1/2 cup celery minced
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- In measuring cup, combine oil and milk.
- Pour oil milk mixture all at once into flour mixture. Stir with a fork until mixture cleans side of the bowl and rounds up into a ball. Using a cutting board or mat sprinkled with flour, smooth dough by kneading about 10 times.
- Place dough between two sheets of waxed paper, about 12-inches square. Using a rolling pin, roll out until dough reaches edges of paper. Peel off top paper and cut dough into 9-12 squares (I can sometimes get a few smaller squares out of the dough to make up the 12).
- Spread tuna filling over each square. Roll up and place sealed side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 450°.
- Serve with hot mushroom sauce "gravy"
I hope you’ll give these a try! For more budget-friendly recipe ideas, be sure to check out my round up of Budget-Friendly recipes by clicking here.
Have a question or want to share recipe ideas with others? Then join my private Facebook group, Meal Planning Magic Community Table here. If you’ve already joined, be sure to add your friends that may find it helpful too!
And don’t forget you can always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest , or Instagram. And don’t forget to sign up for my email list here so you never miss a new post! Each of these ways to connect all offer a little something different and are a great way to stay in the loop on new menu plans, recipe ideas, giveaways, organizing tips and more! Want to know what items I’m using in my own kitchen to help streamline my time there? Then check out my Amazon Shop (see disclaimer in footer below this post)