Dinner is done in under 20 minutes with these delicious and simple Peachy Ground Turkey Meatballs sauteed in a sweet and sour sauce. Make a double batch for the freezer to make it even quicker next time!
When I was first married, my repertoire of recipes was pretty limited. In the years since then, I’ve learned a lot more about cooking and enjoy trying new recipes a lot which I love to share here with you.
But when we got married over two decades ago we were setting up our home so I decided to become a Tupperware consultant. I earned and purchased a TON of Tupperware, some of which I still use today! I remember we would have monthly area consultant meetings and share recipes of things we could make in the different products. These Peachy Ground Turkey Meatballs were one of those recipe and original called to be made in the microwave. You can still do that but I know a lot of people prefer to avoid the microwave for longer cooking so I adapted this recipe for the stovetop.
It’s SO easy and best of all, it’s super budget friendly too! You can make the whole dish for under about seven dollars (less than that if you find the ground turkey on sale). The peach preserves and ketchup create a sweet and sour sauce with a hint of ginger. We like to pair our meatballs with steamed brown rice and roasted vegetables (one of our favorites is roasted broccoli!)
Even though I still like to try new recipes, this recipe has been a family favorite since the day I first made it at home so I hope you’ll give it a try too!
For other budget friendly recipes, check out my Tuna Rollups with Creamy Mushroom Sauce and my roundup of Budget Friendly meals. You’ll see how easy it is to eat well and still save money!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In medium mixing bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, green onions, salt and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger. Add ground turkey and mix well. Shape mixtures into meatballs-about 1 ½ inches large.
- In small mixing bowl, combine peach preserves, soy sauce, ketchup and ½ teaspoon ginger. Set aside.
- In large saute pan, brown meatballs on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon peach mixture over meatballs and simmer about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.