We LOVE fish tacos! They are my go-to meal on a busy night when my meal plan goes awry.
I pretty much always have most of the ingredients on hand like tortillas and some sort of fish. I like that we can customize the vegetables that go into it to make it seasonal and just different enough to keep it from being too boring.
Now something else we love is avocados, like the Avocados From Mexico (which is only natural since we live so close to Mexico being in southeast Texas). It’s one of the first foods my children ate as babies when they were trying solid food and they’ve loved them ever since. Many times we’ll just slice up an avocado and serve them as our vegetable side with any dinner.
This week I combined our two favorites and made a salsa with avocados and some fresh, seasonal vegetables, including tomatoes from our garden. It tastes just like summertime! My whole family loved it!
- For Salsa:
- 1 ripe Avocado From Mexico, diced
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, diced (I used a handful of cherry tomatoes from our garden)
- 2 C fresh or frozen corn (I used corm cut off some leftover corn on the cob)
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ C purple onion, diced
- Dash of cider vinegar
- For Tacos:
- 1 lb. fresh tilapia or frozen, breaded fish filets
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ C sour cream
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredient for salsa and refrigerate.
- Cook fish how you like—grilled, pan fried, breaded. If using frozen breaded filets, bake according to package directions.
- To assemble taco, start with tortilla and add about 1/3 cup crumbled fish filets onto tortilla. Add about 2-3 tablespoons salsa and sour cream to taste. Fold up and enjoy!
The folks at Avocados From Mexico have just launched a new recipes section on their site “Recipes From Avocado Lovers” to give foodies who love avocados, the opportunity to upload their favorite avocado recipes, download ringtones, wallpapers and other fun items to show their avocado love and discover other fan favorite avocado recipes.
Do you love avocados? Then you will love the new Avocados From Mexico recipe website “Recipes From Avocado Lovers”, where you can submit your favorite avocado recipes and share you avodao love with with other foodies like you.
This sponsorship is brought to you by Avocados From Mexico who we have partnered with for this promotion. I have been compensated for posting about Avocados From Mexico, but all opinions are my own.