Y’all! This is another one of those recipes that I’ve been making forever and I’ve wanted to share with you for so long but I can never seem to get a photo before they are all gobbled up by my family. These Roasted Rosemary Potatoes are seriously one of their most favorite recipes. It is the perfect side dish for so many meals. My teenage daughter has even started making it now trying to get the crispiest but still soft inside potatoes. Now if you think you may not be a fan of rosemary, these potatoes may just change you’re mind. They are SO simple you will not believe they can taste so good. Have I gushed about them enough yet?
Well, it gets better! I first tried Roasted Rosemary Potatoes when I was going to a freezer prep place similar to Dream Dinners and we were sold. But what was extra cool is that they were a FREEZER meal. Freezing potatoes? How does that work? A lot of people will tell you that you can’t freeze potatoes without them turning black or to mush. Well, if those frozen food companies can do it I figured I could too! The secret is parboiling the potatoes for a few minutes then freezing. I explain more of the technique in my recipe instructions.
Of course, you can make them from fresh anytime (that’s what I often do) but when I find a good deal on a bag of potatoes I can prepare a bunch of these to have on hand in the freezer to make on busier weeknights. Now on to the recipe!
- 2½ lbs. red potatoes, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, oil, salt and rosemary. Stir so that potatoes are evenly covered in oil, salt and rosemary (or as evenly as you can manage)
- Spread potatoes on a large baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. Stir halfway in between.
- Serve hot.
To make these ahead of time, bring a large pot of water to boil.
In the meantime, prepare a bowl with ice cold water (this will be your water bath after the potatoes parboil)
Submerge diced potatoes in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Immediately remove from heat and transfer with a slotted spoon to ice water bath.
Drain cooled potatoes in a colander.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes with olive oil, salt and rosemary.
Transfer cooled potatoes to a baking sheet in a single layer.
Place in freezer and freeze until firm.
Transfer to large storage bag, seal and label.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Take as many frozen potatoes as you want to prepare and spread on large baking sheet. DO NOT THAW POTATOES!
Bake as instructed.
Today I’m joining my Sunday Supper friends again as we celebrate all root vegetables! I’m personally so excited about this roundup because we like so many of these root vegetables on their own but the creative recipes shared here today will help me think outside the box and hopefully introduce my family to even more tasty recipes featuring wholesome good-for-you ingredients! I hope you’ll check out the recipes below from all the other bloggers!
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips from Momma’s Meals
- Golden Beet Chips with Sea Salt from Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Beet Hummus from And She Cooks
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Roasted Parsnip, Carrot and Garlic Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup from Magnolia Days
- Root Vegetable Soup with Herb Croutons from An Appealing Plan
- Waffled Carrot Latkes from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Smoothie from Brunch-n-Bites
- Carrot Cake Waffles from Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Biscuits with Beetroot Orange Marmalade from Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Sweet Potato Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Skillet Bake from The Texan New Yorker
- Bacon-Potato Torte from Tramplingrose
- Beef & Root Vegetable Hand Pastries from Gate to Plate
- Beet, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza from Caroline’s Cooking
- Beet Pesto from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Celery Root, Apple and Gorgonzola Flat Bread Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Hearty Stew Hand Pies from The TipToe Fairy
- Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad from The Chef Next Door
- Root Vegetable and Beef Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Borscht from The Crumby Cupcake
- Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes from Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Our Good Life
- Turnip Rutabaga and Root Veggie Beef Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Wild Rice Vegetable Bake from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Potato Wedges with Parmesan and Garlic from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beet, Greens and Goat Cheese Gratin from Monica’s Table
- Boxty (Irish Potato Pancakes) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Browned Butter Braised Baby Turnips from Food Lust People Love
- Caprese Twice Baked Potatoes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Carrot Ribbon and Orange Salad from Pies and Plots
- Celery Root Gratin with Horseradish Cream from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Gogoma Jorim (Korean Soy-braised Sweet Potatoes) from kimchi MOM
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Jicama Home Fries from Casa de Crews
- Lemon Thyme Au Gratin Potatoes from Vintage Kitty
- Moroccan Harissa Potatoes from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Roasted Root Vegetable Farro from Cooking Chat
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (with make-ahead tip) from Meal Planning Magic
- Root Vegetable Mash from Feeding Big and more
- Rooty Dauphinoise from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Smashed Potatoes from Taste And See
- Smoked Sausage Potato Casserole from Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Carrots & Potatoes from Sweet Mornings
- Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apples, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Best Ever Carrot Cake from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Carrot Cookies from The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Carrot & Squash Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Carrot Cake from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Iced Beet Cake from Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake from Real Food Real Deals
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement