One of the neat things about being a blogger who writes about food is that I often get introduced to new-to-me foods. I love being able to try new things and for my family to try them too. When it’s something we really like I want to let you all know about it too. So today I want to tell you about La Terra Fina products. They make the most delicious quiches and dips!
Last week I hosted a breakfast open house and served the quiches along with some fruit and a variety of breads. I kept it simple because it was more about taking a break from the holidays to visit with friends than going all out on a huge spread. The La Terra Fina quiches were a perfect addition and my friends (and I) LOVED them. My daughter even liked having the leftovers heated up for lunch the next day. We sampled the Quiche Lorraine (cheese and bacon) and Spinach and Artichoke varieties. While I received some samples from the company, I also picked up some extras at my local Costco. They sell them in two packs for around $11 which makes them a budget-friendly option too. One other bonus is all the La Terra Fina quiches are made with egg whites so they are lower in fat and calories than traditional quiches which makes me feel even better about serving them to family and friends.
Later in the week, I wanted to make some appetizers to bring to a casual get together with neighbors. What’s extra great about their Greek Yogurt Dips is that they are free from artificial colors, flavors and preservatives, are gluten free and have 50% less fat and 45% fewer calories than their traditional dips plus they are full of antioxidant loaded ingredients and have a wonderful rich and creamy flavor. I got a little creative using the dip beyond it’s intended use as a dip and created these Spinach and Kale Tortilla Bites. They are so easy AND are make ahead! My son gobbled the leftovers up as a snack after school one day. I hope you’ll give them a try! We’ve enjoyed the Spinach and Artichoke variety dip as-is with pita chips for an easy, healthy snack too.
- 1 10 oz. package La Terra Fina Greek Yogurt Dip – Spinach and Kale variety
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 6-8 small flour tortillas (I used “fajita” size)
- In medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, spread about ⅓ cup of mixture on tortillas—about two-thirds of tortilla. Roll tightly to enclose filling. Place in gallon size ziptop bag, seam side down and then on flat baking sheet. Refrigerate four hours or overnight. When ready to serve, sliced into bite-size pieces, about ½ -inch thick. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: About 50 pieces.
You can find the dips and many of the La Terra Fina products in Costco stores and some chain and natural grocery stores. Check out the Where to Buy Link on their website to find a location near you.
I’m so excited to be able to share La Terra Fina products with you. Not only do they have great flavor, you can feel good knowing that you won’t have to sacrifice your waistline for a delicious, healthier entertaining food option this holiday season!