This is the third and final week for The Mom 100 Cookbook series for Sunday Supper. I have gotten a ton of great new ideas and I hope you have too. In June, I made the Turkey Meat Sauce Lasagna from Katie Workman’s cookbook. It has become a new favorite for our family! And last month I featured my twist on quesadillas with the Pizza Quesadillas. These are fast becoming a staple in our house it seems.
This week we’re talking about back-to-school! Why does it seem that the summer always flies by? I can’t believe my own kids have only a couple of more weeks left until school starts. And every year seems to be a little bit different with a new routine to get used to. I know I sure can use all the help I can with new recipe ideas that are quick, easy and most importantly, delicious! This week I did a variation on the wraps section of Workman’s book. We love Caesar salads topped with chicken so when I discovered a similar wrap at our local grocery store I had to try it! It was delcious and I thought to myself, this would be so easy to make for lunch for our own lunchboxes. My daughter especially loves this wrap! The store-bought variety has a bit more lunchmeat than we like so that’s what is great about making our own…we can totally customize it. And that’s the tip that Workman gives…customize a wrap to make it your own!
It’s pretty simple to put together and best of all you can make it the night before and store in the refrigerator to put into a lunch tote before heading to school or work. (I also grate my own parmesan cheese–you can find out how but checking out my post here). Yum!
- 1 medium size whole wheat tortilla
- 3 slices of chicken lunchmeat (we like the Boar's Head rotisserie chicken)
- 1 large leaf of green lettuce, washed
- 1-2 tablespoon grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared Caesar salad (commercially prepared or make your own)
- Spread dressing on entire tortilla. Sprinkle with paremesan cheese. Layer lettuce on tortilla and top with chicken slices on two-thirds of tortilla. Roll up one side then roll all ingredients up and secure with a toothpick if necessary. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for some ideas to help you get family-friendly meals on the table this year, then be sure to check out The Mom 100 Cookbook. You can read my review of it here–it really is a great resource for tons of great recipes. Or check out the author’s blog for even more tips and recipes to get you started.
Lastly, be sure to join us this Sunday for #SundaySupper Around the Family Table with Katie Workman at 7pm ET. Katie is so much fun and will be sharing her Easy Back to School Recipes during our chat. And many thanks to Isabel at Family Foodie for starting the #SundaySupper movement and getting us all talking and sharing. We’d love for you to join us and share your tips and inspiration. Let’s make this the best school year yet for our kids!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.
- Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
Disclosure: I have received a copy of The Mom 100 Cookbook and am an Amazon Affiliate (if you order a book from my site, I get a very, very small percentage). All opinions are my own!