This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pizza roll bread is an easy weeknight dinner recipe, made using a Chef Boyardee pizza kit. This pizza bread recipe makes a kid-friendly meal that the whole family will love.
Many years ago, when I was in college, one of my most favorite things to order were pizza rolls made by a local pizzeria. When I graduated and moved away from my college town, I really missed that pizza roll bread! So I decided to create my own. I won’t tell you how long I’ve been making this version of the pizza roll bread, because then you’d know how old I am!
This easy pizza bread is made in a loaf version. Sometimes I use frozen bread dough, but when I have more time, I’ll make the pizza dough from scratch. But when time is really tight, the Chef Boyardee Pizza Kit comes in handy!
So for this week’s H-E-B/ConAgra Meal Maker Challenge, I’ve whipped up one of my family’s favorite meals, cheese and pepperoni pizza roll bread.
It’s a little indulgent, as it’s certainly not health food (but better for you if you use turkey pepperoni and low-fat mozzarella cheese), so I like to pair it with a big garden salad! But it is filling, so we usually have some leftovers too (which are great for lunch boxes!) We serve our pizza bread with ranch dressing and the pizza sauce that comes in the kit. I think the ranch dressing is a Texas thing–it’s just how I’ve always had them!
I hope that you enjoy the easy pizza bread roll recipe, too!
Pizza Roll Bread Recipe
- 1 small box Chef Boyardee Pizza Maker Kit
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 tsp. pizza seasoning spice blend or make your own with ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp. basil and ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare pizza dough according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle flour onto large cutting board. Lightly knead dough a couple of times to coat in flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to rectangle measuring approximately 6” x 10”.
- Layer half of the cheese, pepperoni and spices over middle third of the dough (working horizontally). Fold one side of dough over the ingredients and repeat with remaining cheese, pepperoni and spices. Fold remaining side of dough over and press on sides and ends to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until top is golden brown and bottom is cooked.
- Slice into eight pieces and serve warm!
Don’t forget to check out all the recipes for this week on H-E-B’s Meal Maker Challenge site, and if you like mine the best, please vote for it!
This week at H-E-B, when you purchase Peter Pan peanut butter, you get H-E-B jelly free with the in-store coupon. So be sure to look for that if you’re in the store!
Disclosure: This post has been made possible by H-E-B and ConAgra Foods, who provided me with promotional items to facilitate my blog posts in the Meal Maker Challenge. However, all opinions are my own. I have also been compensated for my participation.