This post appeared on my blog almost five years ago! It’s so yummy and still one of my favorites so I updated it with new photos to share again with you all since it is probably new to many of you!
I originally got the recipe many years ago for these Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares from my mom. I have made it many times over the years for parties, teacher luncheons and other events. Every time I make it, it’s a HUGE hit! They are really easy and if I had my way, I’d be making this dessert a lot more often.
If you love pumpkin like I do, make a plan to bake some of these up to share with your friends and family at Thanksgiving or other holiday. I cut mine into smaller bars and we had them like finger food. But you can cut them into bigger squares
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? I LOVE all things pumpkin! Check out my Pumpkin-palooza Pinterest board for more recipes using pumpkin if you’re a fan like me.
Pumpkin Pie Dessert
For the Crust
- 1 yellow cake mix reserve 1 cup dry mix for topping
- ½ C butter melted
- 1 egg
For the Filling
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz. can pumpkin
- ¾ C sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
For the Topping
- 1 C reserved cake mix
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ C butter
- Whipped topping optional
- Grease bottom only of 9x13 pan. Empty cake mix bowl, saving out one cup dry mix for topping. Add egg and butter to remaining mix; stir to combine and press mixture firmly in bottom of pan.
- In another bowl, mix ingredients for filling together. Pour over crust.
- Prepare topping and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes. Knife should come out clean when inserted in center. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
- Store in refrigerator for up to four days.
Don’t want to miss a new weekly menu plan? Be sure to SIGN UP HERE to receive updates via email or RSS feed (you can choose the reader you prefer!) And don’t forget you can always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. They all offer a little something different and are a great way to stay in the loop on new menu plans, recipe ideas, giveaways, organizing tips and more!