Packed with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach, this Simple Sauteed Vegetable Panini can be made in under 15 minutes. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
I first made and shared this Super Simple Sauteed Vegetable Panini with you all over four years ago and I’ve updated the photos a bit to share with you again. This panini is SO easy and delicious–I often make it for lunch. It would also be great with a salad for a great vegetarian meal option.
I have always loved sauteed bell peppers and onions. So when I was experimenting with different flavor combinations for this panini, I decided to add some mushrooms and spinach too. I can remember growing up looking forward to whenever we’d have sauteed mushrooms with any of our meals. Maybe I was an unusual kid, but I have always loved mushrooms too!
I was inspired to create it after trying a similar sandwich at Jason’s Deli but they discontinued making it. My version is a little bit different but oh, so tasty nonetheless.
If you like simple sandwiches or wraps for a quick and easy meal, be sure to also check out this Simple Caprese Panini (with Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella) or these Easy Beef and Bean Burritos. They are super yummy too!
Spinach and Sautéed Vegetables Panini
- Spinach and Sautéed Vegetables Panini
- Makes two sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 slices white cheese of your choosing I used Muenster but have also used fresh mozzarella or goat cheese when I have those on hand--just choose something that melts easily
- Season salt I like Penzy’s Sandwich Sprinkle
- Two ciabatta bread or rolls
- Slice rolls or bread in half and butter both outsides with butter. Place one buttered side on top of the other and set aside. Heat Panini maker.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauté pan and add peppers, onions and mushrooms when hot. Sauté about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On sliced bread with open side up, layer spinach, sautéed peppers and mushrooms and cheese. Sprinkle cheese with season salt.
- Place buttered side down of layers sandwich on hot Panini maker and top with remaining buttered bread/roll. Close lid to Panini maker and grill about 3-4 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from Panini maker, slice and serve.
Note on Nutrtional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.