Packed with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach, this Simple Sauteed Vegetable Panini can be made in under 15 minutes. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
I first made and shared this Super Simple Sauteed Vegetable Panini with you all over four years ago and I’ve updated the photos a bit to share with you again. This panini is SO easy and delicious–I often make it for lunch. It would also be great with a salad for a great vegetarian meal option.
I have always loved sauteed bell peppers and onions. So when I was experimenting with different flavor combinations for this panini, I decided to add some mushrooms and spinach too. I can remember growing up looking forward to whenever we’d have sauteed mushrooms with any of our meals. Maybe I was an unusual kid, but I have always loved mushrooms too!
I was inspired to create it after trying a similar sandwich at Jason’s Deli but they discontinued making it. My version is a little bit different but oh, so tasty nonetheless.
If you like simple sandwiches or wraps for a quick and easy meal, be sure to also check out this Simple Caprese Panini (with Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella) or these Easy Beef and Bean Burritos. They are super yummy too!
- Spinach and Sautéed Vegetables Panini
- Makes two sandwiches
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 slices white cheese of your choosing (I used Muenster but have also used fresh mozzarella or goat cheese when I have those on hand--just choose something that melts easily)
- Season salt (I like Penzy’s Sandwich Sprinkle)
- Two ciabatta bread or rolls
- Slice rolls or bread in half and butter both outsides with butter. Place one buttered side on top of the other and set aside. Heat Panini maker.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauté pan and add peppers, onions and mushrooms when hot. Sauté about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On sliced bread with open side up, layer spinach, sautéed peppers and mushrooms and cheese. Sprinkle cheese with season salt.
- Place buttered side down of layers sandwich on hot Panini maker and top with remaining buttered bread/roll. Close lid to Panini maker and grill about 3-4 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from Panini maker, slice and serve.