Italian Vegetable Wild Rice Salad
My Italian Vegetable Wild Rice Salad is full of protein, vegetables and whole grains--it's a perfect meal for any occasion. Bonus: It can be made ahead too!
Prep Time15 mins
Chill time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cups wild rice cooked and cooled
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 4 ounces pepperoni chopped
- ½ cup purple onion chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine rice, ham, pepperoni, onion, peppers and cucumber.
Stir gently to mix.
Chill for at least one hour before serving, up to 8 hours.
Just before serving, mix in dressing.
MAKE AHEAD TIP:
This salad requires chilling so it's the perfect make ahead meal!
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg