Simple Slowcooker Steak and Chicken Fajitas
Simple Slowcooker Steak and Chicken Fajitas are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a Texas regional specialty. Perfect for a weeknight or for company too!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time7 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 cup salsa I prefer mild but you can also use medium, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces frozen bell peppers and onions one of the stores I shop at calls it “fajita mix”
- 16 flour tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado sliced, optional
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1 cup sour cream optional
Slice flank steak lengthwise in half then crosswise into strips—about 2-inches long. Slice chicken in similar way—first lengthwise then into strips about 2-inches long by ½-inch wide. Place meat into slowcooker.
Add 1 cup salsa, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours.
About ½ hour before serving, add frozen onion and bell pepper mixture until warmed through.
Serve meat and vegetable mixture in warmed flour tortillas. Top with optional avocado, cheese, sour cream and/or extra salsa, if desired.
Serving: 2fajitas | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1012mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 3.9mg