Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
This pepperoni pizza pasta salad combines favorite flavors to make a great tasting meal that is quick and easy and the extra bonus is that it is made ahead!
Prep Time15 mins
Chill Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 10 people
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta I also sometimes use gemilli shape
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cubed (about half-inch pieces) Use firm mozzarella if fresh is not available.
- 4.5 ounces turkey pepperoni sliced and quartered
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced and separated into rings and loosely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/2 ounces sliced ripe olives drained
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes halved if cherry or grape tomatoes or chopped if from larger tomato
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, combine pasta and next six ingredients. In a jar with a lid, combine and shake olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Prior to serving, gently mix in tomatoes. Prep time 15 minutes.
MONEY SAVING TIP:
I buy the fresh mozzarella at my local wholesale club like Costco or Sam's Club. It's much cheaper and you can freeze any leftovers!
MAKE AHEAD TIP:
This recipe requires chilling for at least two hours so it's the perfect make ahead recipe!
- Sometimes I leave out the onions depending on what I have on hand.
You can also use shell pasta (not the mini though) if you prefer.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 1.6mg