Delicious Tomato Topped Tilapia
Super Simple Tomato Basil Topped Baked Fish tastes delicious, is budget friendly and ready in 30 minutes. It's a great way to use seasonal produce too!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Roma tomatoes peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-season spice blend
- 4 pound tilapia or use another white fish such as cod or flounder
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Meanwhile, in large sauté pan, sauté green onions and garlic in olive oil in a medium skillet until tender. Add parsley, dried basil, salt and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in tomato & set aside.
Cover baking pan with foil (optional). Place fish on pan and sprinkle each filet with all-season spice blend.
Bake fish for 20-25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Top each fillet with 1/4 cup tomato mixture and serve.
MAKE AHEAD TIP:
MONEY SAVING TIP:
- Dice the tomatoes and green onions up to one day before and store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- You may also make the entire tomato mixture (all ingredients except fish) and store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to one day before preparing remaining recipe.
- Use fresh, seasonal tomatoes that you perhaps grow in your garden or find on sale when in season.
- Want to make this year round? Substitute equal parts diced, canned tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes.
- Extra money saving tip: use store brand canned tomatoes.
Serving: 1filet | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 91g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 226mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 1515mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3.2mg