Corn Chowder with Hebrew National Hot Dogs
The sweet flavor of the corn with the salty flavor of the hot dogs is a perfect combination for this filling chowder!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 small potatoes diced
- 2 cups low-fat milk I used skim
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 6 Hebrew National hot dogs sliced into about ½” chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste optional
Sauté onion in butter until tender and fragrant. Add potatoes, broth and corn. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Whisk together flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into broth and vegetable mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Be careful not to let it stick or burn to the bottom of the pan.
Stir in sliced hot dogs and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.