This summer, when we were vacationing in a small town in Colorado, we often passed by a little drive-thru coffee shop that advertised something called the Chicken Fried Latte. At first, we were like “Ewww, can you imagine what in the world that tastes like?” But as we passed it again, I was more intrigued and wanted to try it! I’m up for tasting just about anything once I figured. So we swung through the parking log only to discover that the drive-thru was close—as in out of business. After doing a little searching online I discovered the business is actually up for sale and the owners own another restaurant in town but are getting out of the coffee business. I was bummed! So in doing even more looking online and reading some reviews of the shop, I think I figured out what their Chicken Fried Latte was supposed to taste like! I’m still not sure why they called their drink a Chicken Fried Latte since there’s no chicken and nothing fried about it but it is a catchy name that I’ll soon not forget so I thought it fitting that I include the story as my inspiration for creating this drink!
Even if my Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Latte is not exactly like the Chicken Fried Latte, I have to say I’ve created a pretty darn good beverage! Think of it like a smoothie meets coffee drink. And I’ll go as far to say that it would make a good breakfast too since it’s full of protein and coffee! That’s enough to keep you filled up for awhile and give you the energy you need to get going in the morning, right? I actually like to enjoy my Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Latte in the afternoons—it’s a great pick-me-up to help me keep going through the end of the day.
No matter when you enjoy it or what you think of the original’s name, I hope you’ll give it a try! I tweaked the recipe several times to come up with what is one of my new favorite drinks!
Now on to the recipe:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Latte (aka Chicken Fried Latte)
- 1 cup brewed coffee chilled
- ½ cup plain milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a blender, add all ingredients in order listed. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Espresso-Glazed Coffee Cake by Tramplingrose
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Best Tiramisu Ever by Positively Stacey
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Espresso Cheesecake by The Chef Next Door
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Perk Me Up Chili by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Ultimate Coffee Rubbed Burger by Foodtastic Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.