With just a few ingredients, these Easy Beef and Bean Burritos are not only simple to whip up, they are also budget friendly. They are a family favorite!
I’ve been eating these Beef and Bean Burritos since I was a kid! My mom used to make a version of them when I was growing up, I made them when I was in college because they are so easy and it’s been a recipe I continued to make after I was first married and now for my kids too. It’s so simple yet full of flavor. Best of all, it’s one of those meals that my family loves and I like that we can each customize it with the toppings we like most.
I’ve been a tad bit obsessed with avocados lately. Well, lately isn’t so much it as I seem to always love them! I am lucky that we’ve been able to get them at our local Aldi’s for around 40 cents each and they are perfect for adding to burritos like this, spread on toast with an egg or even in a smoothie! But I digress…I’ll need to save my avocado love post for another day (or in the meantime you can check out two of my other favorite ways to use avocados like in this Cucumber Avocado Salsa or the Shrimp Avocado Salsa).
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 15.5 oz can baked beans, undrained (I usually get the vegetarian kind just because we don’t like the pork bits in there)
- 1-2 avocadoes, sliced
- ½ sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, optional
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the ground beef and onions until beef is no longer pink and onions are cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add can of baked beans to pan and simmer on low for about 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- To serve, add about ¼ cup of mixture to each tortilla. Top with avocados, sour cream, cheddar cheese and/or cilantro, as desired. Each person can customize to their taste!
What else do I love about this recipe? I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand to make it which makes it a perfect option on those evenings when I am short on time or just don’t feel like cooking. Shoot! Even my kids can make this one now!
My teenage daughter will often bring leftovers for lunch at school. She brings all the components in one of our reusable lunch containers and assembles them when she is at lunch. I love having recipes like this that aren’t complicated but are family favorites. What are some of your “go-to” recipes that you can make up anytime for your family? Let me know in the comments!
In the meantime, I hope you’ll give these Easy Beef and Bean Burritos a try!