Today I’ve got another guest post for you from Renee at QponJunkie. Renee is a fellow member of our Houston Bloggers group and I’m so excited to have her share her knowledge about couponing. I’ll admit, this is something I don’t know much about. I’ve clipped coupon and done the coupon subscription service thing, but nothing has ever really stuck. One of my main problems? I forget to bring the coupons I have clipped into the store with me. Renee is going to tell us how to use digital coupons so that you can do your virtual clipping before you go—or even while you’re at the store—so you can use your smart phone or shopper rewards card to help you save money at the grocery store. Welcome Renee!
Do paper coupons have you feeling confused and cluttered? Are you looking for another solution to save money that doesn’t involve clipping? Welcome to the world of Digital Coupons. Digital coupons are free, easy to use and are accessible while in the process of shopping.
NO CUTTING, CLIPPING, PRINTING. GO PAPERLESS WITH FREE SAVINGS!
Digital Coupon Benefits:
• Load on your shopper’s card via computer
• Load on your shopper’s card via mobile device, even while you shop
• Use your phone number and receive your savings at checkout
• No hauling paper coupons and forgetting them at home
• Absolutely FREE – No need to subscribe to a newspaper
Digital Coupon Disadvantage:
• You get what you get – No searching or printing for a higher value coupon.
• Sometimes they do not work – Computer error is unavoidable. This may happen on occasion and you may miss savings. *Tips – You may always speak to your customer service manager for help.
• If you have a digital coupon loaded, and a paper coupon in hand, some stores will automatically take the digital coupon. This may be a disadvantage if your paper coupon is of greater value.
Where to Find Digital Coupons?
Grocery Store & Pharmacy Programs: There are several stores that are helping their customers’ save everyday with digital coupon programs. The stores I use most often are Kroger, Randall’s and Walgreens. In most cases, you will be required to register for a shopper’s card online or in the store. Begin below by creating an account with any of the following stores:
• Kroger Digital Coupons
• Randall’s Just 4 U Program
• Walgreens Balance Rewards
Online Digital Coupon Sites:
In addition to the using store digital coupons, web-sites have been designed and are dedicated to digital coupons that can be added to your shoppers’ card. Begin below by creating an account with SavingStar and Cellfire.
• SavingStar Digital Cash Back
• Cellfire Digital Coupons
Store Digital Coupon Example: Kroger’s Digital Coupons Page
1. Begin by creating your account and signing up for a Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card.
2. After your account is created, head to Kroger’s Digital Coupons section.
3. Total Digital Coupon savings to choose from in the “Browse Coupons Menu”.
4. Choose your coupons by category. Select only those you are interested in to save time or you may view Kroger’s entire coupon selection.
5. Once your account is created, at any time you may visit the Kroger’s Digital Coupons section and “Sign in to Load”. You MUST actually load each coupon you wish to use.
Kroger Coupon Tips: After registering you Kroger card, visit the “Account Settings” page and approve all the following communication avenues listed below. This will give you the best chance of receiving as many coupons via mail and email:
• Weekly Circular
• Special Promotions and Opportunities
• Monthly Newsletter
Digital Coupon (savings) Site: SavingStar
SavingStar is a little money-making blessing in disguise. It is not your typical “Digital Coupon” site. SavingStar has the same looks as a typical store digital coupon page, but these digital coupons (savings) you receive can actually be used in combination with any store, manufacture and digital coupon.
1. Create your SavingStar account
2. Register the numbers of your favorite shoppers’ (loyalty) cards (this is how SavingStar will know what you have purchased)
3. The SavingStar amount will be added to your account within 2-30 days
4. CASH OUT when you receive $5.00 with Bank Account, PayPal or Amazon Gift Cards
5. View your Cash Balance on SavingStar home page
Understanding the SavingStar Page:
1. Choose the digital coupon categories you are interested in
2. Picture of the items you will buy
3. Offer details: Product, amount needed, size and more
4. SavingStar list of digital coupons emailed or printed
SavingStar Digital Coupon Tips: You MUST load the digital coupon in your SavingStar account before you make the purchase! Your SavingStar savings will not be seen on your register receipt. They will be added to your account. This is how you can use your coupons in store and receive your SavingStar savings.
FIND OUT IF YOUR STORE HAS GONE DIGITAL:
The above store example is based on Kroger located in Houston, Texas. If you would like to know if your region’s stores are using digital coupons, please visit their home page (web-site). If you do not find what you are looking for, please feel free to Contact Qpon Junkie for more assistance.
Renee Hartenberger is a former accountant turned stay-at-home mom who loves to find a deal! She always on the lookout for deals on every day needed essentials, fabulously frugal wants, and the resources on how NOT TO PAY full price for them. Utilizing the power of the internet, she shares what she finds with her readers daily on her blog Qpon Junkie.